We like to teach our dogs tricks, as they are fun for the owner as well as the dog alike if taught properly. Most dogs discover techniques quicker than they discover “obedience behaviors,” since our attitude is relaxed as well as fun.
A technique that every dog should understand is exactly how to take a bow
1. utilizing a high valued dog treat will ensure more cooperation from your pup. provide your dog one treat to let him understand just how yummy they are. Next, location a treat right at your dog’s nose. Allow the dog to odor as well as even lick the treat throughout the whole exercise. When he is interested as well as engaged, slowly lower the treat to the floor.
2. most dogs will comply with the treat down with their nose to the point that their elbows touch the floor. At this point mark the behavior with a “yes” or “good” as well as feed him the treat. You may have to pull the treat down between the paws as well as then towards the dog’s body to get the exaggerated pose. If your dog lowers his rear end too, just keep your other hand carefully under his belly to keep his rear up. Over time, you can phase this part of the trick away.
3. when the dog is performing the action, add your command just before you lower the treat. Your command can be anything from “bow” to “TaDaaaa!”
Benefits of mentor your dog to take a bow
1. When you train a dog to bow, you get a number of benefits. A bow with the front end down as well as the back end up, is what most dogs do to initiate play from one more dog or person. The bow should naturally put your dog in a calm as well as lively mood.
2. For health and wellness benefits, the bow is likewise a type of stretching that your dog does upon first waking up. The stretch is great for his spine, joints as well as muscles. It is likewise a calming habits when done sluggish like a stretch. As dogs age, they tend to stretch less. Having taught him to bow, you will now be able to assist an older dog stretch his aging body.
3. Finally, the bow will always be the grand finale during your show to household as well as friends!
Does your dog understand exactly how to take a bow?
What other techniques are you working on?
Read more from The dog training trick here.